first Run: 18 Mar 2017, 9.30am to 5.00pm second Run: 29 Jul 2017, 9.30am to 12.30pm Fee : $130
Parents and caregivers with children between the ages of 7 to 12 (P1 to P6)
The workshop aims to allow attendees understand why dyslexic learners find spelling difficult, and what are the skills and knowledge needed to spell English words. Attendees will be more aware of the underlying principles of spelling instruction, as well as be familiar with tools for multi sensory spelling instruction. Attendees will gain skills in helping dyslexic learners spell phonetic words and teaching spelling of non-phonetic words. In addition, other techniques and tools for building spelling skills will also be shared in the workshop.
BRIEF COURSE CONTENT
Session 1: Theory
1. Why spelling is difficult for dyslexic learners
2. Difference between phonetic & non-phonetic words
3. Skills & knowledge needed to spell words
4. Underlying principles of spelling instructions
Session 2: Practical
1. Strategies for spelling phonetic words for dyslexic learners
2. Learning and practice the closed, open & magic ‘e’ syllables
3. Strategies for teaching the spelling of non-phonetic words
4. Practice in identifying phonetic & non-phonetic words
5. Best practices for building spelling skills in dyslexic learners
Understand how spelling instruction can be useful for dyslexic learners
Gain knowledge and practical understanding in applying the spelling strategies effectively for dyslexic learners
Gain the best building spelling skills that can be useful both at home and in a school setting
Thank you for your interest to attend the workshop with the Caregivers Training Grant. Please check your email for more details.
Thank you for your interest to attend the workshop with DAS Academy voucher. Please check your email for more details.
The VCF pre-approved courses are:
- Certificate in Dyslexia and Literacy Teaching
- Certificate in Dyscalculia and Numeracy Teaching
- Certificate in Understanding SpLD in a Preschool Classroom
- Certificate in Understanding Speech and Language Impairment
- Certificate in IEP Planning for SpLD Learners
To be eligible for the VCF subsidy, you MUST be a VWO staff who is Singaporean/PR.
(1) Continue with and complete the current online registration. Once completed, you will receive an automated acknowledgement email of your registration.
(2) Submit VCF application through your VWO. Once approved, submit the VCF Approval Email to email@example.com and make payment of nett course fee at DAS Academy prior to the start of the course.
To be eligible for the Caregivers Training Grant (CTG), you MUST:
(1) Continue with and complete the current online registration. Once completed, you will receive an automated email with a link to download CTG form
(2) Complete and submit the original CTG form and supporting documents to DAS Academy 2 weeks before commencement of the workshop
I understand that the use of the S$90 discount voucher is subject to verification. In the event that the voucher cannot be cannot be used, I will pay the full amount of the workshop fee. I also understand that the original voucher must be presented to DAS Academy before the commencement of the workshop.
Thank you for submitting your details. Please check your email for more details.