first Run: 5 & 6 June 2017 | 9.30am to 4.30pm 7 June 2017 | 9.30am to 12.30pm Public : $642 DAS Parents : $535
This certificate course is aimed at empowering educators in further education and higher education (FEHE), mainly post-secondary institutions, vocational institutions and universities, with practical knowledge and skills to support pupils with specific learning difficulties (SpLD). The course commences with an overview of dyslexia and the commonly co-occurring difficulties, introduces a range of screening instruments that can provide insight into the pupil's struggles, delves into a range of strategies used in tutorial support and culminates in a shared discussion of principles of inclusive classroom teaching and suggests recommendations of reasonable adjustments and provisions in FEHE context.
Nature of specific learning difficulties
Instruments used to screen and identify them
A range of strategies used in tutorial support
Inclusive classroom teaching principles and provisions of reasonable adjustments
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
Case study: Based on a given pupil profile of learning difficulties and learning style, analyse the pupil's needs and suggest an appropriate range of tutorial strategies and inclusive classroom practices which can help him to overcome his weaknesses to become an independent and strategic learner.
A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to participants who attain at least 75% attendance and successfully pass the assessment.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who attain at least 75% attendance but do not wish to undertake the assessment.
Thank you for your interest to attend the workshop with the Caregivers Training Grant. Please check your email for more details.
Thank you for your interest to attend the workshop with DAS Academy voucher. Please check your email for more details.
The VCF pre-approved courses are:
- Certificate in Dyslexia and Literacy Teaching
- Certificate in Dyscalculia and Numeracy Teaching
- Certificate in Understanding SpLD in a Preschool Classroom
- Certificate in Understanding Speech and Language Impairment
- Certificate in IEP Planning for SpLD Learners
To be eligible for the VCF subsidy, you MUST be a VWO staff who is Singaporean/PR.
(1) Continue with and complete the current online registration. Once completed, you will receive an automated acknowledgement email of your registration.
(2) Submit VCF application through your VWO. Once approved, submit the VCF Approval Email to email@example.com and make payment of nett course fee at DAS Academy prior to the start of the course.
To be eligible for the Caregivers Training Grant (CTG), you MUST:
(1) Continue with and complete the current online registration. Once completed, you will receive an automated email with a link to download CTG form
(2) Complete and submit the original CTG form and supporting documents to DAS Academy 2 weeks before commencement of the workshop
I understand that the use of the S$90 discount voucher is subject to verification. In the event that the voucher cannot be cannot be used, I will pay the full amount of the workshop fee. I also understand that the original voucher must be presented to DAS Academy before the commencement of the workshop.
Thank you for submitting your details. Please check your email for more details.