Certificate in Understanding Speech and Language Impairment
first Run: 20 & 27 May 2017, 9.30am to 4.30pm second Run: 7 & 14 Oct 2017, 9.30am to 4.30pm Public : $535 DAS Parents : $428 After 40% VCF subsidy for Singaporeans/PR VWO staff : $214
Also known as the "Understanding Speech and Language Impairment" module in the Specialist Diploma in SpLD
This course aims to provide participants with an understanding of learners with Speech and Language Impairment and their learning needs. Participants will be provided the theoretical knowledge of speech and language, and the typical developmental milestones from birth to adulthood. Participants will also gain greater understanding of the effects on learners’ receptive and expressive language, social, emotional and behavioural needs, as well as learning in a classroom. Participants will learn about setting appropriate goals and incorporating these strategies in their classroom teaching practice. Case studies will also be provided to allow more opportunities for participants to apply knowledge and suggest strategies for practice.
Behaviour and learning styles
Case studies and individual targets
Lesson Planning – strategies for whole class teaching to accommodate the learner with Speech and Language Impairment
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
Case Study: 1000-word Speech and Language Therapy report to assist learning
Note: Assessment is compulsory for students in the Specialist Diploma in SpLD
A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to participants who attain at least 75% attendance and successfully pass the assessment.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who attain at least 75% attendance but do not wish to undertake the assessment.
Thank you for your interest to attend the workshop with the Caregivers Training Grant. Please check your email for more details.
Thank you for your interest to attend the workshop with DAS Academy voucher. Please check your email for more details.
The VCF pre-approved courses are:
- Certificate in Dyslexia and Literacy Teaching
- Certificate in Dyscalculia and Numeracy Teaching
- Certificate in Understanding SpLD in a Preschool Classroom
- Certificate in Understanding Speech and Language Impairment
- Certificate in IEP Planning for SpLD Learners
To be eligible for the VCF subsidy, you MUST be a VWO staff who is Singaporean/PR.
(1) Continue with and complete the current online registration. Once completed, you will receive an automated acknowledgement email of your registration.
(2) Submit VCF application through your VWO. Once approved, submit the VCF Approval Email to email@example.com and make payment of nett course fee at DAS Academy prior to the start of the course.
To be eligible for the Caregivers Training Grant (CTG), you MUST:
(1) Continue with and complete the current online registration. Once completed, you will receive an automated email with a link to download CTG form
(2) Complete and submit the original CTG form and supporting documents to DAS Academy 2 weeks before commencement of the workshop
I understand that the use of the S$90 discount voucher is subject to verification. In the event that the voucher cannot be cannot be used, I will pay the full amount of the workshop fee. I also understand that the original voucher must be presented to DAS Academy before the commencement of the workshop.
Thank you for submitting your details. Please check your email for more details.